Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Luke Wilson Picks Up Guitar, Sprouts Beard, Croons Sentimental


It appears the price of stardom weighs heavy on two Wilson brothers these days. Luke Wilson, he of hits Old School, Bottle Rocket and The Royal Tenenbaums and misses Vacancy and The Family Stone, has sold his home in L.A., moved to the nether mountains of western North Carolina and grown some Richie Tenenbaumesque fuzz. Stunningly, he's thrown his hat into the alt folk ring to boot. Under the stage name Tyler Ramsey, Wilson released a well received solo album, A Long Dream About Swimming Across The Sea in January and recently wrapped up a nationwide tour opening for the like minded Band of Horses. Wilson, ahem, Ramsey, whose new bio claims that he grew up on folk picking in the foothils of Asheville, NC, has even been recruited to join the Horses full time on guitar.

A long dream, indeed.

1 comment:

Heidi, The Show Hopper said...

So....I am not sure how I feel about His music....I mean, I am drawn to it, hell, I'd even go so far as to say I like it. However, making my mind up about it should NOT be this difficult, lol....I don't know if you agree with this, but i feel that there is a false pretense that the listener is greeted with. Ok, and yes, besides the stage name....I dunno...I'm still figuring it out :o/ BUT thanks for posting about this!!!